AmeriCorps Position - Financial Empowerment Program Assistant
This person will help strengthen the capacity of El Centro de la Raza participants, especially residents of the Firs Mobile Home Community, to manage and augment their household finances and credit to ameliorate the effects of debt and poor financial management. In addition, this person will assist the families who desire to apply for Down Payment Assistance in order to buy a house!
- Work closely with Firs Mobile Home participants to apply for Down Payment Assistance in order to buy a house.
- Support housing and financial education process including but not limited: outreach, enrollment process, logistic, physical and electronic files and records.
- Assist in the communication between Forterra Organization and Firs Mobile Home Community in order to clarify down payment assistance, applications and all the purchase process.
- Support the work with participants on a one-on-one basis to deliver Financial Management, Budget, and Credit Counseling tailored to each participant’s unique circumstances.
- Assist the Lending Circle Program, in collaboration with the Mission Asset Fund in order to improve the credit situation of the participants.
- Assistance to the participants in order to work with different Lenders and Real State depends of each personal situation.
- Maintenance in a good shape the files and records of the participants including but not limited: physical folders, self-certification of income, In-take, counselor max, salesforce, excel sheets, lending circle application, among others.
- Participation in outreach activities: flyers distribution, post in social media, direct communication with the participants by phone calls, text messages, emails, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Commitment to mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, commitment to providing exemplary service to our participants.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driver License.
About El Centro de la Raza
2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
As an organization grounded in the Latino community, our mission is to build unity across all racial and economic sectors, to organize, empower, and defend our most vulnerable and marginalized populations and to bring justice, dignity, equality, and freedom to all the peoples of the world.
Our vision is a world free of oppression based on poverty, racism, sexism, sexual orientation, and discrimination of any kind, that limits equal access to the resources that ensure a healthy and productive life for all peoples and future generations, in peace, love, and harmony.
Bilingual, culturally appropriate, wraparound services that are designed to enable our participants to succeed in their efforts to become self-reliant.
Human and Emergency Services:
"La Cocina Popular" Latino Hot Meal
Congregate & Home Delivered Meals
Senior Nutrition and Wellness
Bebes! Infant Mortality Prevention Program
Comadres Womens Group
Emergency Shelter Vouchers
Provide Tenant/landlord laws information
El Patio low-income Apartments
Advocacy & enrollment for Food Stamps.
Education & Skill Building:
Homeownership Education & Counseling
Financial Literacy Workshops
Home Loan Modification Case Management
Free Legal Clinics (in partnership with SGB Law and LBAW)
Free Tax Preparation (in partnership with UWKC)
Child and Youth Programs:
Jose Marti Child Development Center
Luis Alfonso Velasquez After School Program
Hope for Youth Civil Rights History, Hip Hop & Poetry Classes
Seattle Youth Violence Prevention
College Readiness Program
Parent Involvement in Education
Community Building and Development:
Low-Income and Transitional Housing
Immigration and Civil Rights Advocacy
Juvenile Justice Advocacy
Volunteer and Community Service Programs
Social Justice and Cultural Events
Community Meeting Space
Commercial and Tenant Space
Christmas Tree Sales
2524 16th Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98144
November 19, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full-time, stipended position from date of hire to Summer 2022.