1 person is interested
AmeriCorps Position - Latinas in Tech Program Assistant
1 person is interested
El Centro de la Raza's Business Opportunity Center (BOC) is looking for an Assistant for their 'Latinas in Tech' Program that specializes in employment/job skills training and counseling. This person will help plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning for the Latinas in Technology Program, as well as collaborate and support program partners who provide specific Technology Service Sector training topics during the course.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide specific training to participants on Job Readiness skills including but not limited to Interviewing Skills, Resume creation, and general Job Readiness Training topics for the participants of the Latinas in Technology Program.
- Provide /create supplemental Job readiness training material for the Latinas in Technology trainings.
- Involve selecting appropriate methods and tools that will enable participants to achieve technology, financial knowledge and advanced job readiness skills.
- Instruct students, manage, support and encourage student-learning abilities.
- Prepare classroom (virtual or face-to face) for class activities / Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and staff regarding student progress and student needs.
- Encourage, monitor the progress of individual students, and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Commitment to mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, commitment to providing exemplary service to our participants.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driver License.
About El Centro de la Raza
2524 16th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144, US
As an organization grounded in the Latino community, our mission is to build unity across all racial and economic sectors, to organize, empower, and defend our most vulnerable and marginalized populations and to bring justice, dignity, equality, and freedom to all the peoples of the world.
Our vision is a world free of oppression based on poverty, racism, sexism, sexual orientation, and discrimination of any kind, that limits equal access to the resources that ensure a healthy and productive life for all peoples and future generations, in peace, love, and harmony.
Bilingual, culturally appropriate, wraparound services that are designed to enable our participants to succeed in their efforts to become self-reliant.
Human and Emergency Services:
"La Cocina Popular" Latino Hot Meal
Congregate & Home Delivered Meals
Senior Nutrition and Wellness
Bebes! Infant Mortality Prevention Program
Comadres Womens Group
Emergency Shelter Vouchers
Provide Tenant/landlord laws information
El Patio low-income Apartments
Advocacy & enrollment for Food Stamps.
Education & Skill Building:
Homeownership Education & Counseling
Financial Literacy Workshops
Home Loan Modification Case Management
Free Legal Clinics (in partnership with SGB Law and LBAW)
Free Tax Preparation (in partnership with UWKC)
Child and Youth Programs:
Jose Marti Child Development Center
Luis Alfonso Velasquez After School Program
Hope for Youth Civil Rights History, Hip Hop & Poetry Classes
Seattle Youth Violence Prevention
College Readiness Program
Parent Involvement in Education
Community Building and Development:
Low-Income and Transitional Housing
Immigration and Civil Rights Advocacy
Juvenile Justice Advocacy
Volunteer and Community Service Programs
Social Justice and Cultural Events
Community Meeting Space
Commercial and Tenant Space
Christmas Tree Sales
2524 16th Avenue SouthSeattle, WA 98144
November 19, 2021
- General Education
- Adult Education
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Full time, stipended position from date of hire until Summer 2022.