Intern - Fundraising Content Creation
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Fund Development (FD) team. This is an unpaid, remote (work from home) position. All applicants must be a currently enrolled college student. This position will support the Fundraising and Marketing Resources team at the American Red Cross National Headquarters. Intern will help create fundraising materials by drafting brand new donor content and updating existing resources with new copy, photos and designs, as well as organizing and maintaining internal resources.
- Creating and updating fundraising materials
- Help create new tools that support fundraisers through all cycles of moves management, including email templates, letters, PowerPoint presentations, call scripts, and more as assigned.
- Work with writer(s) to identify content needs (client photos/stories) and design materials.
- Update existing materials with new statistics, photos and copy as needed, partnering with internal clients to ensure accuracy and manage production deadlines.
- Organize and maintain internal resources
- Support the organization and consistent use of internal production platform, including updating content (photo/stories) tracking within materials.
- Assist in deadline management and organizing internal reviews of resources.
- Content Creation
- Intern will also be assigned content creation stretch projects as available.
- Minimum 10 hours per week during business hours
- Rising junior or rising senior undergraduate student (required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (required)
- Excellent writing skills and willingness to submit 1-page writing sample upon application (required)
- Good eye for photo selection and design (required)
- Strong attention to detail (required)
- Strong interview skills (preferred)
- Currently studying Communications, English, History or Journalism (preferred)
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 2, 2021
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- 10 hours per week