Real Men Wear Pink Volunteer Select Committee
About Real Men Wear Pink
Local Real Men Wear Pink campaigns allow community leaders the opportunity to support the American Cancer Society’s work to save lives from breast cancer while raising funds through friendly competitions. Candidates also commit to raising awareness of the cause by wearing pink throughout October. Candidates compete to be named the top fundraiser!
The Real Men Wear Pink committee’s primary responsibility is to identify and secure community leaders to participate in the local campaign and to ensure that all candidates receive appropriate coaching and recognition. Volunteers should be comfortable representing the American Cancer Society in the community and identifying and recruiting candidates who will take part in this campaign.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work with the ACS staff (Laura Ozenkoski) to create and manage Ambassador prospect list from both professional and personal networks. Ambassadors should commit to raise at least $2,500 each to collectively reach Missouri’s goal of $360,000 or more.
* Procure campaign sponsorships, including presenting sponsors, media sponsors, and in-kind sponsors.
* A commitment to give or get $10,000 in revenue - through ambassador recruitment, sponsorships, and/or donations.
* Attend and welcome guests to the local campaign’s Reveal/Launch Party to kick off the campaign as part of the ACS Select Committee.
* If applicable, manage and/or solicit for auction/raffle items
* Serve as an ACS Ambassador in your community
Resources and Support
* American Cancer Society Staff Partner: Laura Ozenkoski - Laura.Ozenkoski@cancer.org
* Real Men Wear Pink Select Committee Chair
* Real Men Wear Pink Ambassador Campaign Chair
This is a FUN, EXCITING, and REWARDING campaign! We are looking for Select Committee Members to join us throughout the State of Missouri! All meetings/touch base calls will be via Teams Meetings or Zoom so all Real Men throughout the state of Missouri can join.
For more information contact Laura.Ozenkoski@cancer.org
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About American Cancer Society - St. Louis
1001 Craig Road Suite 350, St. Louis, MO 63146, US
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer.
At the American Cancer Society, we’re on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we’ll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention. All so you can live longer - and better.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 18, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- No time limit. You can allocate at much time as you want.