Volunteer Multimedia Specialist: (Remote)
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
STW(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW(tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
Reporting to the Curriculum Development Manager, the Multimedia Specialist will closely work with the Senior Multimedia Specialist and communicate with Curriculum and Content team members. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the production and development of multimedia materials to support the needs of the Education Group.
What you will be responsible for...
- Assists in the production of multimedia content needed to support ongoing projects and education initiatives.
- Collaborates with Senior Multimedia Specialist in developing customized multimedia materials to support joint digital fundraising and public awareness campaigns.
- Work directly with the Senior Multimedia Specialist to produce audio-visually stimulating media.
- Communicate with the Senior Multimedia Specialist to produce audio-visually stimulating media.
- Communicate with the Curriculum Development and Education Content teams, in consultation with Managers, Associate Director and Directors in creating digital designs and engaging content.
- Ensure compliance with: copyright and intellectual property, quality assurance, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or its equivalent in the development of instructional media materials.
- Utilizes emerging technologies to create interactive customer experiences.
- Support User Experience (UX) Design by developing digital content that prospective students, parents, educators and donors interact with (click, watch, subscribe, like, share) in collaboration with Curriculum Development members and the Instructional Designer.
- Support Donor Experience (DX) by developing digital content that meets information and engagement needs, and provides donors and patrons with positive experiences with media pertaining to the Save The Water(tm) brand.
- Collaborate on the creation of documentation and presentation for Education materials required to support digital fundraising and public awareness initiatives, partnerships, and special projects.
- Communicate with Senior Multimedia Specialist and team members to ensure timely completion and delivery of digital media content development projects.
- The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Curriculum Development and Education Content teams to support digital fundraising and public awareness strategies that integrate digital media technologies.
- Be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST timezone (GMT -4:00) and respond to emails within 36 hours.
Content Design and Development
- This position is focused on supporting the design of digital content, including educational videos, promotional images for email and social media campaigns, virtual environments, and webinar presentation slides. The position specializes in editing videos and assisting in the design of interactive digital media content that promotes audience engagement on digital advertising platforms and social media channels.
- Consult with the graphic designers and illustrators on the design of artwork for multimedia public awareness and education materials. Customizes approved templates for different platforms in consultation with the Senior Multimedia Specialist and other relevant stakeholders. The incumbent provides technical and creative advice and assistance to satisfy stakeholder needs and meet audience requirements while meeting Save The Water(tm)’s brand standards. The incumbent is responsible for the core duties in this category on a daily basis:
- Discuss and brainstorm ideas for, and support the development of engaging media content and effects for Education Group digital and social media channels.
- Collaborate to develop customized digital materials requested by the Curriculum Development Manager for digital media projects.
- Assist in producing media, i.e. video interviews, instructional videos, etc.
- Search for creative commons and royalty-free digital assets such as stock photo, video, vectors, etc.
- Aid in the production of eye-catching digital content that students, parents, educators and partners interact with (click, watch, subscribe, like, share).
- Support the design of digital media that encourages interactive donor and/or student/ educator experiences utilizing content created by Education Group.
Digital Media Engagement Support
- Assist the team in resolving project problems; work with the Curriculum Development team as needed to develop solutions and initiatives to achieve project goals.
- Use media databases to find, store, send files (Google Drive, etc.).
- Support multimedia presentations, virtual conferences, consultations, e-courses and meetings with members of the Education Group and external partners. Collaborate with team members in other Groups at Save The Water(tm) on digital engagement activities.
- Support the Education Group in maintaining brand standards set by the Marketing department. The incumbent keeps up with the organization’s visual identity, colours, graphic elements, text on screen styles, etc. to maintain a strong and cohesive brand in all digital content.
Research and Analysis
- Review current digital media content, identify ways to make materials more engaging, and optimized for targeted audiences and platforms.
- Research emerging technologies, new media and design solutions and share recommendations, inspiration and examples of engaging media.
- Update knowledge and skills; keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for special projects in the Education Group.
Apply now if you have ...
- Passion for producing media that creates a positive impact to students and educators.
- Strong ability to self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Committed to attending team meetings. Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- A creative mind who values collaboration and the contribution of original ideas.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Comfortable with bringing up issues in a constructive and direct way to solve problems together with the Senior Multimedia Specialist.
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) in Media and Communications, Digital Marketing, Education Technology, Instructional Design, or similar, equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered.
- A strong understanding of copyrights, copywriting, the APA style, and natural and environmental science or other related fields.
How to apply:
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to hear from you!
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2021
- Program Management
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Multimedia Specialist you are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.
- Associates must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.