Volunteer Communication Engagement and Outreach Manager
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop your career in leading community engagement and partnerships management in the field of education and water research. You will lead the development of education fundraising and partnerships for our education and learning programs. You will work with a highly engaged team of professionals in education, science, public health and management. We look forward to hearing from you shortly!
We are looking for a strategic, collaborative, and experienced leader to join our team as a Communication Engagement and Outreach Manager . Reporting to the Director of Education, the Communication Engagement and Outreach Manager will support the development and promotion of community learning programs with the objective to increase literacy on water issues surrounding complex policies and recent events. He/she is also responsible for leading and managing communication on behalf of STW(tm). He/she will manage a team of 2-3 Community Outreach Officers and Education Development Officer(s). He/she will also work closely with the Curriculum Development team, Education Content team, Project Management team, Education managers, Director of Education and Development Group to identify opportunities, build partnerships, resolve concerns and support public awareness of STW(tm)’s education programs and funding campaigns. This role reports to the Director of Education.
What you will be responsible for...
Manage and execute STW(tm))s community engagement and development strategy for our website.
- Provide innovative leadership, oversight, and manage all functions pertaining to Save the Water Community Engagement and Development programs including policy research, grant writing for building and cultivating community, donor, and partnership relations.
- Collaborate with the Development Group to create or ensure the quality of stewardship materials for existing and future donors and patrons. These include the creation and compilation of various reports for specific and high-level donors, meaningful storytelling or success stories for asset-collection, member profiles, etc.
- Foster new and old collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Brings in new ideas and works collaboratively with key industry stakeholders, and to support the development and deployment of community learning programs and initiatives.
- Ensure all communication made on behalf of the Education Group and STW(tm) with partners and communities is professional and aligned with STW(tm)’s goals and objectives, standards of quality and style.
- Lead the marketing and communication efforts to build the brand of the Education Group’s public awareness programs.
- Facilitate monthly team meetings, attend bi-weekly leadership team meetings (ad hoc) and manage communications between external and internal stakeholders.
- Possess strong relationship management skills, as it relates to the Community Engagement and Development team and STW(tm).
- Keep abreast of trends and communities of interest, education programs at STW(tm), and water issues and ensure that STW(tm)’s strategic partnerships reflect these.
- Create content for the Education Development Officer(s), including compelling funding proposals for corporations, organizations and individual donors.
- Support the community outreach development progress that aligns with Save the Water’s mission in educating the public about world water issues.
- Research and recommend best practices in community engagement and development and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with the team members in the Education Group.
- Increasing SEO of our website using keywords as developed by our Web Analysts.
- Attend virtual meetings in EST timezone (GMT -4:00) and respond to emails within 36 hours.
- Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships, public relations, and funding campaigns .
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Strong ability to self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively. Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Proven ability to persuade.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Committed to attending team meetings.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Creative problem solving skills, capacity for innovation.
- Enjoy taking initiative, adaptable, and able to work under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, business, education administration, or related fields.
- Equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered.
- Relevant experience in the development and management of education community outreach programs.
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Strong understanding of pedagogical theories and technological learning trends to increase community outreach content exposure.
- Familiar with project management methodologies, tools and life cycles.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Experience managing a team of community development officers.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude and community style .
- Preferred experience within non-profit fundraising or community outreach activities.
- Research methodologies and writing.
- Relevant experience in coordinating fundraising, community engagement and development projects.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Background in Knowledge Mobilization, Science, Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- Project Management
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, and the Producer is expected to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Communication Engagement and Outreach Manager must be willing to attend virtual weekly meetings in EST Timezone as and when required.