Do you enjoy visiting with older neighbors? Become a Caring Companion in Fort Collins
Looking for a win/win volunteer opportunity? Everyone benefits from companionship and social contact. When you are caring for a loved one, it can become increasingly difficult to take care of yourself. By giving just 2 hours of your time once a week, you are giving family caregivers a much needed break, as well as giving their loved one the opportunity to spend time with you! Caring Companion volunteers know that they are serving their community in a meaningful and impactful way.
- Volunteers DO provide much needed socialization and friendship, and caregiver respite.
- Volunteers DO NOT provide personal care, meal preparation, or transportation.
- Support and training is provided.
What family caregivers are saying: ""Our volunteer has been wonderful. She almost feels like family and has remained close through COVID."
What volunteers are saying: "My experience with VOA Caring Companions has been by far the most rewarding experience since I started volunteering."
About Volunteers of America Northern Colorado Services
405 Canyon Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521, US
Volunteers of America Colorado Branch seeks to identify and serve the basic needs of the most vulnerable individuals and families in the community.
The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Volunteers of America provides volunteer opportunities for individuals 55 years and older to use their skills, insight and lifetime experiences to assist residents and non-profit agencies in the county. RSVP also offers a variety of programs which provide services and enhance the quality of life for seniors.
locations across fort collinsFort Collins, CO 80521
November 15, 2021
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Building relationships takes time. We ask for a commitment of 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months
- Currently, we ask that volunteers wear masks and agree to maintain social distancing. Visits may happen in-home or outdoors, weather permitting.