13 people are interested
Board of Directors
ORGANIZATION: Pikes Peak Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
Purpose: The purpose of the Board of Directors of the Pikes Peak Children’s Museum is to advise, assist, and provide leadership and overall direction in support of the mission, vision, and the next steps for how the museum will grow and develop in our community.
Term of office: 2 years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of 3 consecutive terms. Members are then required to be off the Board for one year before again serving.
- The Board of Directors is legally and ethically responsible for all activities of the Museum.
- Determine how PPCM carries out its mission through long- and short-range planning and review, and develop, approve, implement, and support the Museum’s Strategic Plan
- Exercise fiduciary responsibilities, including budget and annual review oversight
- Recruit, orient, and develop new Board members
- Oversee fundraising efforts
- Evaluate the overall performance of PPCM in achieving its mission
- Ensure PPCM is in compliance with nonprofit IRS regulations
- Establish policies for the effective management of PPCM
- Evaluating and serving as an advisory role for the Executive Director
Responsibilities of Directors:
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Serve as a working member of at least one Board committee
- Participate in resource development and fundraising
- Participate in our annual give-or-get fundraising efforts in the amount of $500+
- Advocate on behalf of PPCM
- Help to educate the community about the PPCM
- Review Board meeting materials before each meeting
- Review finances
- Identify any potential conflicts of interest
- Participate as a volunteer at some events and/or in museum exhibits
- Attend, in person or by electronic means, and actively participate in at least 75% of Board meetings, held once per month
- Annual Day Long Board Strategic Retreat tentatively scheduled for September 2022.
- Participation in community events highly encouraged
- Attendance at major annual events and fundraisers highly recommended.
Skills and Backgrounds:
- We are looking for individuals that are ready to give back to the community, in particular, the Southeast Colorado Springs community. A diverse group of individuals that have a passion for education, children & youth, S.T.E.A.M. and arts & culture in Colorado Springs. A vast array of skills and backgrounds are needed to continue our mission and vision for Pikes Peak Children’s Museum.
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
October 18, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training