Support Local Emergency Responses From Your Home (Perry County)
Ensures timely activation and monitoring of local and regional DAT responses. The Duty Officer supports the DAT program either at the chapter/territory or region level.
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via DAT.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Support and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notification and creates & verifies events in RC View, when applicable.
- Where appropriate, maintains access to and ability to use the Client Assistance System (CAS) to enter case data and load CACs.
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team/DAT meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross.
- Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in complex and stressful situations.
- Proficient with Red Cross systems and online interfaces.
- Sit and/or stand for minimum two hour periods
- Work for long periods on computer
- Speak clearly on the phone and in person
About American Red Cross - Greater Pennsylvania Region
701 Centre Ave., Reading, PA 19601, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world, through five key service areas:
Supporting America's Military Families
Collect lifesaving blood
Health and Safety
Multiple locations Duncannon, PA 17020
December 3, 2021
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 - 4 hour shifts per month
- • Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.