Help Adults Learn English - Brother Bill's Helping Hand
In Dallas today, thousands of adults are not able to reach their potential due to their limited ability to speak and write English. Aspire volunteers and students share an amazing experience as both parties participate in learning. Students have a deep desire to improve and volunteers get the joy of experiencing personal growth while watching their students grow.
Join us as we work together to help make a lasting mark in people’s lives. We welcome both experienced and novice instructors. If you have not taught adults, we will help you gain the skills to be an effective instructor. We provide curriculum, training, and support.
Qualifications: Aspire staff will provide the lesson plans and materials. Other qualifications are as follows.
- Must be fluent in English and easy to understand
- Ability to dedicate a minimum of 3 hours each week to teaching, class preparation, and occasional training or peer support sessions
- Patience, understanding, and a positive attitude
- Strong desire to relate to students and assist them in improving their English language skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Optional: Teaching or ESL teaching experience and TESOL certification.
PO Box 570159, Dallas, TX 75357, US
Aspire develops confident, capable individuals who value learning programs--from early childhood to adults pursuing careers--as a gateway to a better life.
LIFT and the Aberg Center for Literacy merged in July 2020, supported by the Better Together Fund. The new merged organization, Aspire, provides cradle to career learning programs for students of all ages - from early childhood to adults pursuing careers.
At Aspire, we believe learning turns obstacles into opportunities. Every day, we walk alongside our students as they make the brave decision to change their lives. From learning English or earning a GED, to balancing a family bank account or preparing for careers, our students face challenges with confidence. Because when you are ready to learn, there’s no obstacle you can’t overcome.
3906 North Westmoreland RoadDallas, TX 75212
November 10, 2021
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Classes are two hours long once a week, but we do ask for 3 hours once a week to include prep time