Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
LIFT's Mission Statement is to enhance lives and strengthen communities by raising the adult literacy rate in Texas.
- Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT) teaches people to read
- Our mission is to enhance lives and strengthen communities by raising the literacy rate in Dallas-Ft. Worth
- LIFT's fulfills its mission through adult literacy, family literacy, GED preparation and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs
- LIFT is celebrating 50 years in 2011
- LIFT was founded by the National Council of Jewish Women, Dallas Section
- LIFT is the only low level adult literacy provider in theDallas-Ft. Worth area
- LIFT's course completion rate is approximately 67%, compared to the national average of 10%
- LIFT serves over 8,000 people every year with the dedication of nearly 500 volunteers
- Adult literacy - Basic literacy skills through advanced reading and writing leveraging the renowned Texas Scottish Rite curriculum, computer lab tools reinforce curriculum and assist with workforce preparation skills
- Family Literacy - LIFT a Paw 4 Literacy atJubileeCenterinFairParkleverages trained therapy dogs to create an encouraging environment for children to read out loud. Another program offers ongoing reading workshops for low income parents and their children at area preschools.
- GED Preparation - Adult learners can take group classes and have access to internet-based curriculum online anytime, anywhere through GED Direct
- ESL - Group classes taught at 12 satellite locations around DFW, focuses on everyday English and language for the workplace
- Classes are taught in a group setting offering peer and teacher support and accountability
- Program participation breakdown: Family literacy 39%, ESL 35%, Adult Literacy 28%
- Amber Sims
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!