Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
LIFT's Mission is to enhance lives and strengthen communities by teaching adults to read.
- Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT) teaches people to read
- Our mission is to enhance lives and strengthen communities by raising the literacy rate in Dallas-Ft. Worth
- LIFT's fulfills its mission through Adult Literacy (basic reading), High School Equivalency/GED preparation and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs
- LIFT was founded by the National Council of Jewish Women, Dallas Section in 1961
- LIFT's course completion rate is approximately 67%, compared to the national average of 10%
- LIFT serves over 2,500 people every year with the dedication of over 250 volunteers
- Adult Literacy - Basic reading skills through the Sequential English Education curriculum and assistance with workforce preparation skills
- High School Equivalency/GED Preparation - Adult learners can take group classes through several levels to prepare for the equivalency exams
- ESL - Group classes taught at 10 satellite locations around DFW, focuses on everyday English and language for the home, workplace and community
- Classes are taught in a group setting offering peer and teacher support and accountability
BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Literacy Instruction for Texas (LIFT)?