3 people are interested
Social Media Copywriter (Remote)
3 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
You will be responsible for writing all the social media copies consistent with our brand message. If you have a creative way of thinking and of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels, we would like to make you part of our team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our social media team with an aim to increase engagement.
Division or Department: Marketing & Communications
Position reports to: Social Media Manager
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager, Content Strategist and Graphic Designers, the Social Media Copywriter is responsible for producing thumb-stopping copy for various types of digital content
- Facilitate/instigate the ideation process as per the brief
- Execute ideas through copy that is creative, disruptive, out of the box but in sync with the brand brief and directions
- Understand the nuances of the ADC’s communication. The nuances of writing for various platforms of digital media like Facebook, Twitter, blogs ,etc. basically has sense of brand tonality coupled with platform requirements.
- Have understanding of digital media Creativity to seamlessly integrate the two to deliver the ADC’s objective
- Must have good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Maintain impeccable grammar
- Be highly creative and imaginative
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 9, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- At least 7-10 hours per week