Orleans County Friendly Phones/Home Visitation Program Volunteer
The Friendly Phones/Home Visitation Program is a volunteer based social-visit program in Orleans County which offers friendship to isolated seniors age 60+ who live independently, or with family, in Orleans County. This program traditionally offered free phone calls to isolated seniors; however, in recent years, the initiative was made to offer in person home visits if the clients desire this and the home environment is approved of by the intake coordinator.
The goal of these weekly visits or phone calls is to bring a sense of social connectivity and friendship to the program member and volunteers who take the time to reach out to their neighbors.
- Volunteers must be willing to be interviewed, provide proof/copy of vaccination, provide two references and be background checked and trained prior to assignment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for client confidentiality
- Must be able to communicate verbally with the client, caregiver and program specialist
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the client’s home
- Must be willing to provide weekly visit reports on a timely monthly basis to the program specialist
About Catholic Charities of Buffalo
741 DELAWARE AVE, BUFFALO, NY 14209, US
Catholic Charities of Buffalo is a Catholic sponsored human service agency serving anyone in need in the eight counties of Western New York. Believing all persons are created by God, we empower individiuals, children and families to achieve and maintain meaningful, healthy and productive lives. We advocate for those in need - particularly those who are poor and most vulnerable.
Catholic Charities of Buffalo is the most comprehensive human service provider in Western New York, reaching all eight counties with 51 professionally staffed locations, plus a presence in many area schools and other community sites. Catholic Charities serves people in need and those who are most vulnerable without regard to age, race or religious affiliation.
Catholic Charities offers programs that strive to empower individuals, children and families. Among them are comprehensive counseling services for all ages, basic emergency assistance and referrals, child and adult mental health and chemical dependency treatment, educational and job readiness programs, older adult services, parish outreach and advocacy, marriage counseling, immigration and refugee assistance and a variety of programs that address prevention and treatment of a number of family issues.
243 South Main StreetAlbion, NY 14411
November 8, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Visits are flexible and arranged between the volunteer and program member and should last one hour per week. A one year commitment is requested.