Help older Coloradans through community development/marketing!
Do you want to help older adults in Colorado by increasing advocacy for them?
The Colorado Center for Aging helps to "raise the voices of older adults" through many means and in many forums; one of which is that of legislation. Advocates are raised up and trained to research legislation and then act as advocates to the legislators; but we need to find those people first! That's where Advocate Member Marketing Team comes in! This team helps to make CCA known and accessible to potential advocates.
Team members may serve in various roles, dependent upon their gifts and passions. They may serve in roles which are relational (being a contact/liaison to orgs, or onboarding new members), maintenance-oriented (maintaining database, webpages and social media accounts; assessing and maintaining current membership), or creative/research (finding places to post and creating postings/materials). Collectively they plan strategic marketing efforts for the state of Colorado, with the goals of far-reaching inclusion both demographically and geographically.
If you want to see the older adult community of Colorado thrive through advocacy, then this is your opportunity! Whatever skill-set you bring you can play that vital role!
About Colorado Center for Aging
PO Box 102662, Denver, CO 80250, US
"Raising the Voice of Older Coloradans!" VISION - A Colorado where all older adults have full inclusion, appreciation, and respect, giving their voice and being heard on the ranges of issues which will increase their own thriving, and well-being of all Coloradans. MISSION - To seek, create, and provide forums for voices of older Coloradoans to be heard in meaningful and impactful ways, so as to create and sustain the age-friendly community which they, and we all, seek.
The Colorado Center for Aging (CCA) is currently made up of and supported by:
- 1200 Supporters (receiving our weekly eNewsletters)
- 200 Members (engaged in topics and issues concerning older Coloradoans)
- 50 Weekly Participants (of our Advocacy Committee Meetings and involved in Research Subcommittees)
- A Board of Directors (of 8), and an Advisory Team (4) all with sound experience and knowledge in serving older Coloradoans
- An Executive Director, and Communications Specialist
- Thoughtful, researched policy positions on approximately 40 pieces of legislation per year (approximately 2000 pieces in its 40 year history), done by members serving on 18 different research topic-groups.
- Trainings in advocacy and political process to approximately 50 citizens/year (approximately 1100 advocates trained in the 25 year history of that program).
- At least one day of advocacy, visibility, and relationship-building with legislators at the State Capitol each year of around 200 older Coloradoans.
- Regular Webinars on issues facing older Coloradoans, given by local and regional experts.
- A weekly eNewsletter comprised of information and article references on issues which are of great interest to older Coloradoans.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 8, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Strategic Planning
- Administrative Support
- Market Research / Analysis
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 6 hours/month.