Colorado Center for Aging
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Justice & Legal
LocationPO Box 102662Denver, CO 80250 United States
"Raising the Voice of Older Coloradans!" VISION - A Colorado where all older adults have full inclusion, appreciation, and respect, giving their voice and being heard on the ranges of issues which will increase their own thriving, and well-being of all Coloradans. MISSION - To seek, create, and provide forums for voices of older Coloradoans to be heard in meaningful and impactful ways, so as to create and sustain the age-friendly community which they, and we all, seek.
The Colorado Center for Aging (CCA) is currently made up of and supported by:
- 1200 Supporters (receiving our weekly eNewsletters)
- 200 Members (engaged in topics and issues concerning older Coloradoans)
- 50 Weekly Participants (of our Advocacy Committee Meetings and involved in Research Subcommittees)
- A Board of Directors (of 8), and an Advisory Team (4) all with sound experience and knowledge in serving older Coloradoans
- An Executive Director, and Communications Specialist
- Thoughtful, researched policy positions on approximately 40 pieces of legislation per year (approximately 2000 pieces in its 40 year history), done by members serving on 18 different research topic-groups.
- Trainings in advocacy and political process to approximately 50 citizens/year (approximately 1100 advocates trained in the 25 year history of that program).
- At least one day of advocacy, visibility, and relationship-building with legislators at the State Capitol each year of around 200 older Coloradoans.
- Regular Webinars on issues facing older Coloradoans, given by local and regional experts.
- A weekly eNewsletter comprised of information and article references on issues which are of great interest to older Coloradoans.