Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
The JAARS Finance team is inspired by innovative thinking, excellence in function and the remarkable possibilities of challenging the status quo.
JAARS is actively looking for an entry level or new-to-career accountant who is able to assist the CFO and Director of Accounting with impact projects and significant reporting. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate with all levels of the organization to gather information, explain data and trends and provide analysis.
- Gather information from financial systems to create reports and account analysis
- Complete fixed asset accounting activities including setting up new fixed assets, inputting depreciation entries, loading sales of assets and submitting disposals
- Make journal entries in accordance with GAAP; help with budget development and forecasts
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on the ongoing implementation and optimization of Oracle NetSuite, including recommendation of workflows, processes and procedures
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Research appropriate accounting treatment for transactions
- Assist CFO and Director of Accounting with ad hoc analysis and projects
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
- Operational experience using Oracle NetSuite or related cloud-based Experience with large scale ERP is considered a considerable plus
- Proficiencies, skills and experience to perform the above duties and responsibilities with intermediate to modest supervision
- Must be able to interact with management at all levels of the organization
- Nonprofit accounting experience is preferred
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
November 5, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Financial Planning
- Cost Analysis
- People 55+
- Background Check