2 people are interested
Head of Recruitment (Remote)
2 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer Head of Recruitment to be a member of the HR leadership team at ADC. Reporting to the Head of People and Culture, you will develop and own learning strategy/curriculum, and lead a small team for a not-for-profit organisation during a critical period of growth.
Department and/or Division: Shared services / People & Culture
Position reports to: Director of People and Culture
Position is responsible for: N/A
Main Duties and Objectives:
- Develop, implement and continually review ADC’s hiring and recruitment sourcing strategies
- Effectively support the leadership and immediate recruitment team to solve resourcing challenges
- Build tool to effectively support ADC’s recruitment objectives and strategies
- Develop and maintain a resourcing dashboard to capture key recruitment metrics
- Regularly update the senior leadership team with resourcing metrics, analysis and data
- Effectively communicate ADC’s mission to prospective candidates, ensuring the organisations values and culture is effectively represented throughout the resourcing process
- Manage and grow a strong resourcing team to support and deliver the resourcing plans
- Support the implementation of a comprehensive and effective induction programme
- Support the implementation of a strong engagement strategy
- Several years experience in recruitment operations and in resourcing strategy development
- Strong track record of motivating and developing teams
- Proven self starter with the ability to create and implement a vision
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of data and analytics
- An understanding of diversity and how this impacts and connects with resourcing
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including the ability to build and develop a team of highly motivated and well qualified staff/volunteers to achieve results
- Ability to actively take initiative and help set things up in a start-up environment
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
- Strong understanding of recruitment legislation in various jurisdictions
What ADC offers you:
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 2, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Resource Development / Management
- 7-10 hours per week