Online Events Technical Support Supervisor(Volunteer/Remote)
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skill sets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child, and Self-abuse.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
Responsibilities And What You Will Do:
- Assist in planning virtual events from the ground up.
- Identify and approach panelists and speakers for events.
- Provide remote technical support for live online events where hosts and attendees for the event are in various locations across the world.
- Prepare speakers and hosts with regard to content, format, scheduling, and logistics.
- Problem-solve any technical issues that may arise with live streaming platforms during events.
- Assist with live online event chat moderation.
- Collaborate across departments to create event announcements, emails, graphics, etc.
- Research and initiate partnership opportunities with prospective organizations in the local and global community.
- Brainstorm and consistently document new, creative approaches to inclusive campaigns and create executable plans.
- Continuously look for event opportunities to get the ARO's name out there.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience planning virtual events
- In-depth technical knowledge on running virtual events
- Experience with live streaming platforms including Zoom, YouTube, Facebook, Periscope, Vimeo, Meerkat, and others
- Adept in social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take initiative, and is a self-starter
- Collaborative nature and confidence in performance
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, startup environment, and adjust to new priorities as needed
- Must be available to volunteer 8-10 hours a week
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To prepare for your interview:
1) Completely peruse and review our website at http://GoARO.org
2) Prepare a few good questions for the interview
3) Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your responses during the interview succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link:
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 1, 2021
- 8-10 hours/week