DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) needed to help struggling vets!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
We are looking for a sharp financial mind to join our all-volunteer executive team as our Chief Financial Officer.
As our CFO, you will be asked to:
- Energetically and passionately advance the organization’s financial activities ($400-600K annual budget, >$1 Million in Assets) in order to achieve our mission of Eliminating Homelessness among Veterans in Central Florida
- Lead the organization's annual budget formation process
- Monitor budget versus actual results and recommend changes to the budget in response to real time events in order to help the organization stay financially viable
- Ensure organization compliance with board approved internal controls while at the same reviewing and recommending changes to policies as environments change
- Help junior finance employees and volunteers work through difficult accounting transactions to ensure regulatory and policy requirements are met
- Prepare, certify, and present financial statements and related reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the annual IRS Form 990 creation and reporting
- Lead financial audit/review as required per board of directors or government regulatory officials
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field
- Strong operational knowledge of QuickBooks, especially grant billing, budgeting and reporting functions, highly preferred
- Must have a strong understanding of non-profit GAAP financial statement reporting and disclosures, and industry specific financial regulations as it pertains to the IRS
- Must have experience with non-profit audited financial statement, MD&A, and supporting notes creation
- Must be very proficient using all Microsoft Office Applications (especially Excel), Adobe, and related
- Must be able to create, present and explain financial statements and analysis reports for a variety of stakeholders with varying levels of financial expertise which include: the organization' s Board of Directors, employees and key volunteers, financial auditors, accountants, and funders
- Must have a hands on understanding of bookkeeping for the purpose of aiding other finance personnel with complicated recording issues
About National Veterans Homeless Support
1436 King St, COCOA, FL 32922, US
To Eliminate Homelessness among Veterans In Central Florida
NVHS was formed for the sole purpose of locating and assisting homeless veterans living in the parks, forests, and streets of Central Florida. We are a relatively small organization, but have seen consistent growth in our 13 years of operation because of our dedication to our mission, which resulted in a whopping 90% reduction in the homeless veteran population of Brevard County, Florida! While homeless veterans are still our top priority, we are also very focused on prevention of homelessness for at-risk veteran families to ensure they do not become homeless in the first place.
We currently manage 2 programs to support the homeless and at-risk veterans:
Search and Rescue - Outreach program that assists homeless and at-risk veterans and their families either get off the streets, or prevent them from becoming homeless in the first place. For the homeless we search for them in the forests, parks, etc.. of Brevard, provide outdoor gear and food once we find them, and connect them to housing agencies to get them out of the streets. For at-risk clients, we help secure financial assistance for past due rent/mortgage payments, stabilize legal barriers to self sufficiency through our pro bono legal clinic, and file their VA benefits claims as they are eligible.
Veteran Housing -Transitional and permanent supportive housing program capable of housing up to 17 homeless veterans at any given point in time in Brevard County.
Multiple locations Cocoa, FL 32922
November 9, 2021
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours per week most of the time, with increased time required during end of period statement development and financial audits.