15 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Pikes Peak Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help create relatable and needed images for social media content and possibly some help with new logo needs for programs/events and flyer/document design
Number of hours: 10+ hours per month
Location: Remote or in person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Web Administrator and other Social media volunteers
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary platforms and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with the marketing team about layout and design needs.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for social media & website needs, flyer and document design and potential new projects for PPCM
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
- Coordinate with social media volunteers and content writer on graphic needs
- Measure web traffic to content alongside the website administrator
- Measure social media analytics to content alongside the social media volunteers
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Can work remotely - will need to meet by Zoom or Google meets as needed
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely out of Colorado Springs
- Experience as a graphic designer or in a related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient Experience using Canva
- Bonus if you have experience with desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop, InDesign Quark, and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
December 15, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training