2 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Pikes Peak Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help create more relatable content for community members and make reliable and relatable content for parents, families and kids in the community.
Number of hours: 10+ hours per month
Location: Remote or in person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Web Administrator and other Social media volunteers
- Research industry-related topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts & newsletters
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Provide content to social media volunteers to put on social networks
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Measure web traffic to content alongside the website administrator
- Measure social media analytics to content alongside the social media volunteers
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Can work remotely
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely out of Colorado Springs
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems - WIX
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Familiarity with SEO
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
October 18, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Content Management Systems
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training