2 people are interested
Public Relations Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Pikes Peak Children's Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help create and maintain a presence with the local media in the community.
Number of hours: 2-12 hours per month
Location: Remote or in person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Content Creator and other Social media volunteers
- Create and maintain relationships with the media to ensure that news pertaining to The PPCM is shared in a timely manner.
- Proactively pitch stories to the media. This includes writing and distributing press releases and other messaging
(including social media outreach) about The PPCM and responding to media requests generated as a result of these efforts.
- Help to make sure events are listed on different calendars in print and online
- Assist in coordinating and hosting press events for all aspects of the museum
- Maintain & grow our media database
- Ability to be a spokesperson for PPCM as needed and your schedule allows for
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Can do most work from home, but will need to be available for certain events as needed
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Be a part of the Marketing Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely, but should be here in Colorado Springs
- Have experience in Public Relations or related field
- Be outgoing and comfortable in the spotlight
- Advanced writing skills and experience writing press releases
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work well with others as part of a team.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer applications (Excel/Microsoft Word skills
- Understanding of social media platforms.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Professional image representative of nonprofit image.
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
October 18, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training