Volunteer Recruiter: Use social media, marketing to find great volunteers! (Cedar Rapids)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Title: Volunteer Recruitment Volunteer Team Member
Assists the implementation of the regional volunteer recruitment plan by performing volunteer recruitment activities to attract a skilled, talented and diverse volunteers’ workforce to service in all lines of business around the organization
- Assists in the development and implementation of volunteer workforce recruitment activities.
- Recruits volunteers for all lines of service and departments.
- Meets with Volunteer Management team to determine targeted recruitment needs in the region.
- Proactively recruits new volunteers for general and specific volunteer opportunities. Recruits current volunteers for new opportunities and leadership positions.
- Researches outreach events and fairs. Reaches out to community groups to set up recruitment presentations.
- Plans and carries out recruitment events in communities served by the region, for both identified partner groups and open-call interest meetings.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities at community events. Advertises and markets for open-call events.
Qualifications: willing to learn a broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service. Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs. The ability to learn how to effectively communicate Red Cross mission and activities in a manner that is both attractive and realistic.
Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
Multiple locations Cedar Rapids, IA 52405
October 20, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training