1 person is interested
Sell Merchandise for AUTISM research
1 person is interested
Want to join me in making a difference? We are raising money to benefit Akhil Autism Foundation, and any donation will help make an impact. Thanks in advance for your contribution to this cause that means so much to me. As a parent, you never ever want to leave the doctor’s office hearing the words, "There is NO HOPE for your child with AUTISM.."
2002- 20 Years ago on that day, is when I took on the mission to prove that there is a HOPE for children with AUTISM and can thrive in this world!
Today, individuals with autism have broken through the barriers to finding employment, getting college degrees, and working their way toward independent lives. 40% of individuals are nonverbal but some of them have managed to write books.
Why there is a need for funding
There are still MANY challenges that need to be addressed and we at the Akhil Autism Foundation are seeking to revolutionize how autism is understood and ultimately treated.
Each child with autism is truly unique and different in how they can be understood better. There are kids like my son Akhil, who are minimally verbal, yet have the capacity to take Calculus and writing courses at college. There are others, who struggle to communicate on a daily basis, not because there is anything wrong with them, but simply the right tools are not available to help them communicate.
With all the technological innovations we have, I know there IS a way to bridge this gap.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Akhil Autism Foundation
46 Harmon road, Edison, NJ 08837, US
Akhil Autism Foundation (AAF) is a NJ-based non-profit organization whose dedicated mission is to Educate, Treat, Support, and Research Autism worldwide, especially in under-served countries such as India. Since 2008, AAF has provided critical resources to 1000 children, over 500 hours of online education, and over $25,000 in donations towards autism research, professional training, and parent education. To learn more about our group programs and activities, please visit our website (www.akhilautismfoundation.org)
Programs for autism in usa and India
- Two Trained International Doctors in India
- 700 children treated in since 2008
- 100 autism awareness and detection camps in Kerala India
- 1000 children received MethylB12 shots from USA
- Library in Bangalore, Dhaka, Delhi, Kolkata
- Two onsite International workshops
- Webinars: Monthly online web based education
- MNRI: Masgutova Neurosensorimotor Reflex integration (MNRI)
- MNRI Assessment: Individual is assessed for 32 reflexes and a home program is given
- MNRI Home program: 12 hrs of home based therapy provided
- MNRI Camp: 30 hrs of MNRI treatment provided with six different therapists working 5 day 6 hrs
- MNRI Parent workshop; 16 hrs of education for implementing the parent guide
- MNRI courses : 11 courses for professional and parents to educate and learn hands on reflex training
- RPM : Rapid Prompting Method workshop (RPM)
- MAP Consultation: A Biomedical doctor will consult a child online
- Care for friend project : A project started by kids for kids using stencil board autistic individual communicates with a typical child.
- MethlyB12 shots : compounded injections provided by USA based pharmacy for India patients
- Conference: every year to bring awareness of various educational and biomedical treatments
46 Harmon Road Edison NJEDISONEDISON, NJ 08837
October 27, 2021