3 people are interested
Head of Organisational Design (Remote)
3 people are interested
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, this is an exciting opportunity for a strategic organisational effectiveness professional to play a critical role in shaping a non profit organisation during a critical period of growth
Department and/or Division: People & Culture - Organisational Effectiveness
Position reports to: Director of People and Culture
Position is responsible for: N/AMain duties & Objectives
- Act as the steward for ADC’s operating model ensuring recruitment, job titling and departmental changes are in line with organisational strategy
- Effectively support the leadership team to solve any organisation structural challenges, making recommendations as ADC transitions from 100% volunteer to hybrid volunteer and paid consultant model is implemented
- Design and provide direction for the maintenance of the systems and processes that will be used for future OD related projects (from job creation to organisational changes)
- Assist in role profiling tasks, analysing capability requirements and provide guidance on job descriptions
- Work closely with L&D to ensure career mapping, competency frameworks, career pathways align to vision
- Position Management. Keeps Org charts updated with filled and vacancy positions
- Workforce Planning. Provides support to Heads of Function in establishing recruitment priorities
Knowledge, skills, education, and experience
- Significant Organisational Design or Operating Model experience
- Experience in social enterprise or non-profit environment
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Available to volunteer at least 7 hours a week
What ADC Offers You
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is changing lives in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
This job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job, with its principal accountabilities, incorporating a note of the skills, knowledge and experience required for a satisfactory level of performance. This is not intended to be a complete, detailed account of all aspects of the duties involved.
Here at African Development Choices, we celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our teams are made up of people from all over the world and we welcome all applications. If you are disabled or have a long-term health condition, and you require any reasonable adjustments for your application with us, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
About African Development Choices
Kemp House, 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, GB
Our mission is to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows:
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 27, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Diversity
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Assistance
- Capacity to volunteer 7-10 hours per week