Facilities Team - Franklin County
Be an important part of the American Red Cross team by helping to ensure that all facilities are clean, safe and well maintained for staff, volunteers and clients. Facility Team Members perform/coordinate the maintenance, repairs and general upkeep of American Red Cross facilities.
- Complete maintenance work orders in Red Cross facilities
- Conduct regular inspections of buildings to identify repair or maintenance needs
- Perform maintenance and repair work, such as painting, electrical - based on skills/certification
- Participate in office relocation efforts, and the
- Support opening or closing of American Red Cross facilities
- Assist with facility emergency drills
- Work with regional Operations staff to identify opportunities for more efficient management of facilities.
- Perform all duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and safety protocols
- Ability to represent American Red Cross in a professional manner
- Ability to volunteer in person
- Must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds
- Valid driver's license/ID from the state in which they reside
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and give clear instructions
- Basic computer skills
Training is provided and all volunteers in this position are asked to work at least 1-shift a week.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Columbus, OH 43205
October 26, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Based on building needs - volunteers will work with staff to set a mutually agreed upon schedule
- Ability to volunteer in person - Reliable transportation to your shifts - Main facility is on E Broad in Columbus - multiple other buildings/warehouses/collection centers throughout the area