Onboarding Team Member
Welcome New Volunteers to the American Red Cross!
As an Onboarding Team Member with Blood Services you will help new volunteers start their volunteer journey at the Red Cross. In this position you will help ensure that new volunteers are set up to succeed in their position, know their team leads and that the new volunteers are engaged in a position that matches their skill set and interests.
- Manage flow of incoming volunteers
- Update and maintain Volunteer Connection database
- Interview volunteer applicants
- Place new applicants into positions and assign supervisors
- Conduct department introduction and overview
- Provide support to new volunteers
- Provide feedback to Onboarding Lead on the process
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross (training provided)
- Work well both individually and with a team
- Comfortable using a computer and phone
- Reliable access to internet at home
- basic Microsoft excel and word experience, required
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to work with staff, volunteers and community partners
- Experience in interviewing and onboarding employees or volunteers (a plus)
- Experience in providing orientation or introductory trainings (a plus)
All training needed is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Wilmington, OH 45177
October 26, 2021
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies based on needs - you register to help during shifts that work with your schedule
- Ability to work remotely - Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and reporting platforms - Reliable access to a computer, phone and internet connection