DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Social Media Intern - Virtual/Remote
DONATE TO THIS
10 people are interested
Social Media Intern
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a Social Media Intern, you'll support the assistant marketing director and marketing director in execution of Dallas Pets Alive social media strategy on a specified platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc). You'll be supporting this position until May 2022. After that, there will be an opportunity to stay at Dallas Pets Alive as a social media coordinator!
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application at https://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
Reports to: our Social Media Manager, Digital Marketing Director, and the Executive Director.
Works with: Correspondence with DPA marketing team and outside social media followers and other supporters will be needed on a regular basis.
- Posting scheduled content on assigned social media platform multiple times daily.
- Responding to any messages, mentions and other communication from DPA social media followers.
- Reporting social media trends to Marketing Director and Assistant Director.
- Understanding social media analytics and reporting on analytics to marketing team leadership.
- Collaborating with marketing leadership and DPA leadership team on social media strategies for the specified platform.
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
- Flexibility of schedule, including availability on weekends.
- Proficiency with email and have smartphone access.
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable both with taking initiative and with working collaboratively as a team.
- Flexible and able to work effectively with a variety of leadership styles.
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 5-8 hours per week with flexibility of schedule required.
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 1, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 5-8 hours per week with flexibility of schedule required.