Be The First Person to Welcome a Volunteer to the Red Cross
Volunteer Screeners are often a potential volunteer’s first welcome to the American Red Cross. It is important the screener provides perspective volunteers with an excellent experience! The Volunteer Screener gathers relevant information about a perspective volunteer while assessing which positions are best suited to the candidate’s skill sets and interests.
- Schedules and conducts volunteer screenings
- Studies and learns volunteer position description
- Prepares for each screening interview
- Provides candidates with information about intake, referral and placement process
- Matches volunteers to positions
- Updates Volunteer Connections with candidate information
- Makes referrals
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross programs
- Ability to work with computer database
- Excellent oral communication skills - ability to express ideas and facts clearly
- Comfortable making phone calls to potential volunteers
- Previous experience with customer service (a plus)
- HR experience (a plus)
Training is provided to the screeners at no cost. The Red Cross asks that screeners provide 8 hours of service a week.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
For questions please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
Multiple locations Chillicothe, OH 45601
October 25, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8 hours per week - you register to work the shift(s) that work best in your schedule
- Reliable access to a computer, phone and internet connection - Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and platforms