1 person is interested
IHF Indonesia Centers GLD Volunteer Program
1 person is interested
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) has been active in Indonesia since 1984. Though each center has unique needs and challenges the primary goal of each is the same; to provide free supplementary education for children from economically underprivileged backgrounds. Volunteers who sign up to donate their time at one of our IHF Education Centers for the Global Leader Development (GLD) Program make a very real impact during their stay participating in the various tasks. Our centers in Indonesia operate free and open classes for students aged 5 to 18, taught by local teachers in congruence with international volunteers.
As a GLD, you will in addition to the four hours of local tasks, complete another four hours per day as a member of multiple International Online Teams.
Your local tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide hands on help with the center's day-to-day operations
- Participate in a cultural exchange, organizing special games and activities with our children
- Preparing and teaching English classes to children
- Running community events and local maintenance projects.
- Be responsible for the management, design and implementation of community led projects linked to your academic and or professional skills and experience
- Manage local volunteers and shape their experience at our IHF Indonesain Centers
Your international online tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and finance
- Donor relations and sponsorships
- Social media campaigns and fundraising
- Website development
You will have the exclusive opportunity to live and work in this diverse and beautiful country of Indonesia. You can experience anything from the white sand beaches and spas in Bali, to working amongst the international financial and technological giants based in Jakarta or between the jungles, lakes and volcanic mountains of Medan. Volunteers have the option to complete their program at any of IHF’s Indonesian Education Centers.
Volunteers accepted to this program will have:
- Confidence using the English language and preferably Bahasa Indonesia (both spoken and written)
- A passion for international development with a particular emphasis on universal education
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications
- The means to live in country at one of our centers for the duration of your program
- An open-mind, with an interest in learning not just about the community, and explore the beautiful and culturally rich region.
- Have a commitment to our Core Values
- Previous international travel and volunteer experience is a plus
- Career development goals aligned with IHF’s mission
The program requires a minimum time commitment of four months, though we encourage volunteers to stay for up to one year or more. All volunteers receive one day off per week.
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Certificate of program completion
- Letter of recommendation upon request
- Acquire leadership and management capacities that will enable you to lead in the ever-changing global environment
- Gain practical experience in an NGO environment
- Interact with locals, experience a different culture, and build cultural awareness
- Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
- Build a global network with people from diverse professional and backgrounds
Accommodation and meals, prepared by a local member of staff, are included in this program. Not included are your travel costs to and from our IHF Center, immunizations, travel insurance, visa fees, and any spending money you wish to bring with you.
Note: Due to the nature of our work with children, should your application be accepted we do require a clean criminal background check which is less than 1 year old.
For more information and to apply, visit https://ihfonline.org/volunteer/ and provide your CV. Our team will get in contact with you within 24 hours.
For any other enquiries please contact our Volunteer Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IHF - International Humanity Foundation
4311 Pavlov Ave., San Diego, CA 92122, US
To educate impoverished children--activating their highest potential--and educate global citizens, through real life experiences, about the realities of impoverished communities, the value of other cultures, and the many responsibilities of running an international NGO. *Children always come first. We exist first and foremost to meet the needs of the children we serve. *Education empowers. We believe that education unlocks the door to greater potential and empowers people to make good decisions that lead to a brighter future for all of humankind. *Honesty is the only policy. Authenticity, sincerity, and transparency are not only paramount, they’re non-negotiable. *Celebrate differences. There’s a reason we see differently, our differences are not a liability, they are our strength.
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is an international non-religious, non-political, and nonprofit organisation that provides education and safe Children's Homes to impoverished children in Indonesia, Kenya, and Thailand through our five (5) IHF Centers.
We function entirely through the efforts of volunteers, sponsors, donors, and an Executive Leadership team from all over the world.
To develop global leaders with cross-cultural experiences, and respect for different cultures, from differing socioeconomic backgrounds, who are equipped to make decisions that serve and positively impact, promote, and protect the dignity and humanity of people everywhere.
International Humanity Foundation JakartaInternational Humanity Foundation BaliInternational Humanity Foundation MedanJakarta, Indonesia
October 23, 2021
- Child Development
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach