DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Vista Maria’s Boutique serves our on-campus residents, as well as foster care, and community clients by providing clothing, shoes, personal hygiene supplies, and other necessities in a friendly and well-organized environment.
This position will be responsible for providing general assistance to Vista Maria staff and clients using the Boutique. There will be down-time between Boutique visitors throughout the day when the volunteer can support other projects in the Volunteer Resources department, such as writing thank-you notes, making copies, opening donations, and other tasks.
We are looking for someone who can engage visitors with a friendly and welcoming demeanor, as well as provide light administrative support for our Volunteer Resources staff.
- Greet shoppers as they enter the Boutique
- Assist shoppers with finding the items they need and filling out their Boutique Log forms
- Monitor items we need and add items to our Target and Amazon wish lists as appropriate
- Help keep the Boutique neat and tidy
- Unpack and record donations as they arrive
- Assist in writing thank-you notes to donors and volunteers
- Assist with volunteer and office supply management
- Secondary duties may include: light data entry, and other small projects as assigned
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to engage staff and clients with a friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Good communication skills
- Able to walk up one flight of stairs (our Boutique is on the 2 nd floor, with no elevator access)
TIME REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEDULE:
- Minimum time requirement: 4 hours per week
- Projected Start date: Start date of any time, with a minimum 3-month commitment
- Days of the week: Shifts are available on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, from 10 am-2 pm OR 2 pm-6 pm.
10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Morning Shift, available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays
02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Afternoon Shift, available on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Vista Maria
20651 W Warren Ave, Dearborn Heights, MI 48127, US
Vista Maria is a place for girls, youth and their families to realize a life beyond trauma and ignite a life of possibility. We are fearless in our commitment to keep them safe and to make them strong and our courageous compassion finds new ways to bring wholeness and possibility to those who need it most.
We are Vista Maria.
We are driven by courage, love and vision to help others realize a life beyond trauma and ignite a life of possibility. Our courageous action is driven by our boundless compassion for our young people and their families. Every day, Vista Maria brings strength and caring enough for everyone, so that one day each person can do the same for themselves and others.
We know that it takes a Fearless Heart to overcome the challenges of abuse and trauma and move forward. An unwavering courage, limitless love and positive vision that was embodied in 1883 by our founder, Sister Mary Euphrasia and carried on today by each one of us. What began as a home for girls and women in need has evolved to encompass mental health services, education and after school care, foster care, adoption, independent living, secure care for the survivors of human trafficking, and advocacy for the welfare of children.
We’re visionary in our approach and unrelenting in our quest to provide the best care and support for vulnerable children and families. Our boundless belief in every person’s worth propels us to action, pursuing new ways to serve our community.
We invite anyone with courage, love and vision to join us and ignite a life of possibility.
20651 West Warren Ave.Dearborn Heights, MI 48127
October 22, 2021
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 4 hours per week. Shifts are available on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, from 10 am-2 pm OR 2 pm-6 pm.
- Customer Service Skills Friendly and welcoming demeanor Good communication skills Able to walk up one flight of stairs (our Boutique is on the 2nd floor, with no elevator access)