25 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Maryland Science Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Lobby ambassadors provide visitors with a warm welcome and are on hand to collect ticket stubs and answer questions. This is a great role for volunteers who are at ease interacting with the public and have excellent customer service skills.
Duties as lobby ambassador:
- Welcome guests, hand out map guides, and provide general information
- Scan tickets as guests enter the science center and ensure guests are wearing the day’s colored wristband
- Act as quasi-security for the front harbor lobby to ensure visitor safety and satisfaction
- Roam exhibit floors, answer questions, and ensure guests are having a safe and pleasant science center experience
- Refer complaints in a courteous manner to the manager of the day
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Ability to exhibit great patience with school-aged children and their adult chaperones
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use stairs both inside theater and in exhibits
- Comfortable working in low lighting (usher work)
- Provided by Guest Services
4-hour shifts are available Friday-Sunday.
Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
- 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
We are the Maryland Science Center. We inspire. We empower. We engage. Let's science.
The Maryland Academy of Sciences is Maryland's oldest scientific institution and one of the oldest such institutions in the entire nation. At its inception in 1797, the Academy was an amateur scientific society - members met to discuss papers on astronomy, botany, zoology, and other subjects then known as the "natural sciences."
As the Academy continued its work through the 1800s and 1900s, the group searched for a permanent location to establish a space dedicated to interactive, hands-on learning. The vision became a reality with the opening of the Academy's Maryland Science Center in 1976.
Today, and for more than 40 years, the Maryland Academy of Sciences, through its programs and exhibits at the Maryland Science Center, has demonstrated a commitment to emphasize the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). No other institution in the state reaches more teachers and students through onsite and outreach programming.
The Maryland Science Center invites you to join our Volunteer Program and celebrate science!
601 Light StreetBaltimore, MD 21230
November 8, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months