Kid's Room Behind-the-Scenes Support
Kids Room Behind-The-Scenes Support Team
Running an early childhood space takes a great amount of support. Help behind the scenes with a myriad of tasks that enhance our exhibit space and programs. Is cutting out 20 paper butterflies your thing, or do you like to organize, paint, or put things together? All these tasks and more are available for you to choose from during your volunteer time.
- Prep materials for activities: counting, cutting, photocopying, laminating, measuring, bagging, and sorting
- Light exhibit maintenance: cleaning and dusting exhibit components, maintaining fish and small animal tanks, painting, and making light repairs
- Sewing skills are highly sought, but not necessary!
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to follow directions and adhere to safety guidelines
- Occasional light lifting
- Willing to get messy!
- Comfortable climbing ladders a plus
- Provided by Kids Room staff
4-hour shifts are available Wednesday-Sunday.
Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
About Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
We are the Maryland Science Center. We inspire. We empower. We engage. Let's science.
The Maryland Academy of Sciences is Maryland's oldest scientific institution and one of the oldest such institutions in the entire nation. At its inception in 1797, the Academy was an amateur scientific society - members met to discuss papers on astronomy, botany, zoology, and other subjects then known as the "natural sciences."
As the Academy continued its work through the 1800s and 1900s, the group searched for a permanent location to establish a space dedicated to interactive, hands-on learning. The vision became a reality with the opening of the Academy's Maryland Science Center in 1976.
Today, and for more than 40 years, the Maryland Academy of Sciences, through its programs and exhibits at the Maryland Science Center, has demonstrated a commitment to emphasize the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). No other institution in the state reaches more teachers and students through onsite and outreach programming.
The Maryland Science Center invites you to join our Volunteer Program and celebrate science!
601 Light StreetBaltimore, MD 21230
October 20, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two consistent 4-hour shifts per month, for a minimum of three months.