2 people are interested
Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs - Construction Crew Leaders Needed
2 people are interested
Purpose: Crew leaders teach and guide small crews of construction volunteers through tasks such as rough and finish carpentry, windows, siding, insulation, drywall, painting, landscaping, and more. Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs is a nonprofit affordable housing provider. To learn more about what we do visit our website here!
Results: Because of our Crew Leaders, we are able to utilize unskilled volunteer labor on our building projects, which keeps costs down enough to sell decent housing to families who otherwise would not be able to afford it. Crew leaders are absolutely instrumental in serving the community they live in and being a part of the solution by creating affordable housing for families who just need a hand up not a handout.
-Crew Leaders lead and supervise small teams of construction volunteers through many different tasks, including...
- Rough and Finish Carpentry
- Windows, Siding, and Insulation
- Ceramic and Vinyl Tile
- And more!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Construction or home repair skills preferred (can be learned on Habitat build sites and we're always willing to teach someone who wants to learn)
- Learns, understands, and can communicate our mission, vision, values, and basic history
- Willingness to learn and follow Habitat's building and safety policies.
- 6-8 hour shifts available on both weekdays and weekends (run from about 7:30 am - 3:00 pm)
- Crew Leaders take on at least 2 shifts a month
- Activities will be completed on one of our various Build Sites
- Current build sites are in Sauk Village and surrounding communities
- Construction Volunteers are under the supervision of the Staff Site Supervisor for the day. They will also work closely with the Construction Committee Chairperson
Benefits to the Volunteer
- Improve on/practice existing construction and repair skills, and learn new skills as well
- Meet and socialize with other inspired, energetic volunteers
- Get a great workout and some fresh air while doing something productive for the community
- Clearly see the tangible results of your service at the end of the day!
Please contact the Volunteer Manager, Jeff Koeppel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-510-3737 Ext. 314 for more details
Covid-19 Safety Precautions:
Habitat for Humanity prioritizes the health and safety of our staff and volunteers. As a company, we have decided to follow CDC, state, and local COVID guidelines, which include the following
- Masks are required for ALL volunteers and staff for INDOOR activities.
- Unvaccinated volunteers and staff are required to wear masks on ALL job sites, including for outdoor activities.
- All volunteers and staff should practice social distancing.
In addition, we have implemented the following guidelines to help ensure health and safety on the construction site:
- No sharing of tools, one tool per person, please.
- One person will be designated to use power tools, to avoid multiple touchpoints.
- All tools will be sanitized at the end of the day.
Where these guidelines differ from more recent CDC, state or local guidelines (given that they are changing regularly), the most recent guidelines should be followed.
07:30 AM to 03:00 PM
2 Shifts per month
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs
7258 W Benton Drive, Frankfort, IL 60423, US
Our Mission Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Our Vision A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago South Suburbs(HFHCSS) partners with people in your community, and all over the world, to help them build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With your support, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and for their families. Volunteers from all walks of life are Habitat's lifeline. While we are housing experts, we can't do it alone. Your help is critical to making affordable homeownership a reality in DuPage County and across the world.
180 W Joe Orr RoadChicago HeightsChicago Heights, IL 60411
October 20, 2021
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training