11 people are interested
Adult (21+) Event Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Maryland Science Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
Adult 21+ Event Volunteer
Who said science was only for kids? Join us as we create engaging events to help adults experience MSC their way! Adult (21+) events take place once a month and have additional special activities centered around a theme-like Music Under the Dome, Grown-Up Field Trips, or Wine and Dinosaurs. Volunteers will work a station with an activity in 4-hour shifts.
- Greet guests as they check-in and arrive
- Facilitate and explain the activity
- Inform guests about Maryland Science Center rules, exhibits, activities, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills; at ease with people
- Friendly and conversant with guests and able to handle various size groups
- Previous teaching or stage experience a plus, but not required
- Training for your assigned activity will be provided by the Marketing Assistant. You will always be trained before speaking to guests.
Adult (21+) events take place on Friday nights once a month, year round. Shifts are typically available from 6:30-10:30pm.
One 4-hour shift per month, for a minimum of three months. A willingness to volunteer for additional hours is always welcome!
- evening / 06:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Maryland Science Center
601 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21230, US
We are the Maryland Science Center. We inspire. We empower. We engage. Let's science.
The Maryland Academy of Sciences is Maryland's oldest scientific institution and one of the oldest such institutions in the entire nation. At its inception in 1797, the Academy was an amateur scientific society - members met to discuss papers on astronomy, botany, zoology, and other subjects then known as the "natural sciences."
As the Academy continued its work through the 1800s and 1900s, the group searched for a permanent location to establish a space dedicated to interactive, hands-on learning. The vision became a reality with the opening of the Academy's Maryland Science Center in 1976.
Today, and for more than 40 years, the Maryland Academy of Sciences, through its programs and exhibits at the Maryland Science Center, has demonstrated a commitment to emphasize the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). No other institution in the state reaches more teachers and students through onsite and outreach programming.
The Maryland Science Center invites you to join our Volunteer Program and celebrate science!
601 Light StreetBaltimore, MD 21230
November 8, 2022
- Customer Service
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-hour shift per month, for a minimum of three months