23 people are interested
IT (Information Technology) Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: TIHAN (Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network)
Please visit the new page to apply.
23 people are interested
The major responsibility of the IT Volunteer is to support the administration and operational integrity of TIHAN’s computer network, hardware, and software systems. The IT volunteer is an as-needed, on-call position for a tech-savvy volunteer ready to troubleshoot issues either remotely or on-site. TIHAN uses a small business network environment using Windows.
- Work in conjunction with TIHAN's staff, specifically the Operations Manager, to ensure that the TIHAN information technology systems are running optimally with the latest updates.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues on approximately 10 desktops and laptops.
- Ensure our organization is using current network security technology.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software and make recommendations about IT needs.
- Explain technical issues in simple and understandable terms.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of user issues.
- Ensure computing and operational processes and procedures are organized and effectively maintained.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal and organizational information.
- Research and recommend cost-effective solutions as technology evolves, and successfully implement those upgrades within a limited operational budget.
About TIHAN (Tucson Interfaith HIV/AIDS Network)
2660 N 1st Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719, US
Mission: TIHAN provides community resources and caring support so that people with HIV can live well. Through education, we work to encourage everyone to get tested, get involved, and reduce the stigma of HIV. Vision: Creating a community where everyone knows their HIV status, and where every person - regardless of status - is supported and affirmed to live as well as possible and stay healthy and engaged in the community.
TIHAN is a non-profit located in Tucson, Arizona that provides services to people living with HIV/AIDS to empower them to live well. Our mission is to use education and support to reduce stigma and sustain hope for people living with HIV. Our main values are education, service, and advocacy.
2660 N 1st AveTucson, AZ 85719
July 11, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On-call as needed, approximately two to six hours per month. Occasional availability for immediate and urgent issues.
- Must have at least three years’ experience in computer IT support, demonstrating proficiency with Windows operating system, computer hardware, and standard office software.