Help Older Adults Use Technical Devices
Do you love technology? Do you gently help your friends and family whose phones or tablets leave them frustrated. Are you comfortable helping someone learn how to operate Zoom?
Our Village members may need help with their computers, phones or tablets at times. Help an older adult become more comfortable working with the technology they need to stay in touch.
- Familiar with the Windows operating system or Apple or Android operating systems
- Patient with people who may get frustrated with technology
- Willing to research problems to find solutions
Flexible schedule based on your availability. Work from home. Background check is required.
About Village Without Walls
1333 NW Orenco Station Pkwy, #572, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
● Community. We believe that strong social connections are a vital part of living well and aging brilliantly. ● Inclusion. We welcome and respect people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, economic situations, and abilities. ● Collaboration. We believe that working together and caring for each other makes our lives richer and more interesting. As a Village, we are stronger than we are as individuals. ● Contribution. We believe that each member of our community can benefit from the skills, experiences, and perspectives of the others. We encourage every member and volunteer to bring their own unique qualities and capabilities to the table.
Village Without Walls is a community-based membership organization of volunteers, that provide services to help seniors and disabled individuals stay involved in their communities and remain in their own homes as they grow older. Volunteers are the heart of the Village, providing direct services to our members as well as behind-the-scenes support to operate the village. We are neighbors helping neighbors to stay neighbors.
Village Without Walls is a program of Villages NW, a 501(c)3 nonprofit TAX ID 46-4190513, which serves as the Hub for ten Villages in formation across the Metro area. Villages NW is part of a nationwide network of support that fosters interdependent aging in community
Reasonable driving distance toHillsboro, OR 97123
October 15, 2021
- IT Help Desk
- Basic Computer Skills
- PC Platform
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Based on requests received from members. Typically less than 2 - 3 hrs a month.
- Like working with older adults/seniors