Do you want to coordinate assistance during times of disaster? - Baker City
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Idaho
Please visit the new page to apply.
Duty Officer volunteers play a key role in disaster response and client service delivery. These volunteers answer the initial phone call for temporary assistance and collect basic situational information. Duty Officers assess the situation and deploy the most appropriate resources to support efforts such as casework, sheltering, disaster assessment, and recovery planning.
Location: Virtual- from the comfort of your own home!
- Zero-to-Hero training provided! Complete online and with supervisor.
- Have a computer with reliable internet service and a phone.
- Be on-call during selected shifts.
- Provide leadership and guidance during local disasters.
- Dispatch Disaster Action Team volunteers to initialize a disaster or emergency response.
Benefits of volunteering with the America Red Cross Disaster Cycle Services:
- Gain experience in: Social Work, Disaster Response, Human Services, Volunteer Coordination, Emergency Management, and Incident Response.
- On-going training opportunities and professional development
- Serve your community by assisting those affected by disasters
- Support your fellow volunteers and Chapter in their mission
About American Red Cross Idaho
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so:
- All people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
- Our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
- Everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
- All members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
- In an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Baker City, OR 97814
March 7, 2023
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- After Zero-to-Hero training is four to nine 6-hour on-call shifts per month. *Preferred length of commitment (after training) is at least 6 months and a year is greatly appreciated.