DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Lead Development Intern
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Lead Development Intern Status: Intern (stipend)
2-7 hours per week (six month commitment is preferred)
Reports to: Executive Director/Founder
Position Overview & Basic Function:
The Lead Development Intern works closely with the Executive Director/Founder. The Development department exists to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals & companies interested in supporting Dare Humanity. You will be responsible for overseeing all of the organization’s interns and establishing an environment for collaboration, creativity and inclusion.
Strongly preferred: someone currently pursuing a degree in Nonprofit Administration, Communications or a closely related field and someone who has team development experience.
- Assisting with operations and the development of fundraising campaigns, including thinking creatively about campaign messages, as well as implementing the logistics of campaigns (social media posts, e-mails, campaign landing page, etc).
- Identifying, researching and compiling leads for potential funding sources, including researching foundation databases, community leaders, local franchises, and corporate sponsors.
- Assist with data entry and administrative support for fundraising and operations.
- Manage and work with other interns on projects and campaigns.
- Leads occasional team-building activities to promote bonding and collaboration among interns
- Create and maintain a collaborative and inclusive environment where interns feel that they are impactful
- Weekly or bi-weekly check-ins with all interns
- Delegates and tracks tasks assigned to each intern under the direction of the Executive Director
Specific hours, start and end dates are flexible and to be determined between the intern and the Executive Director/Founder.
Experience and Knowledge
- Understanding and supporting the mission of Dare Humanity.
- A commitment to serving underserved communities and youth in developing countries.
- Ability to apply our values in relationship development, written work, and communication.
- Experience with creating and maintaining spreadsheets, managing a small team (2-4 members), developing campaigns, managing simple projects with minimal supervision, and providing outstanding work.
- Excellent leadership and team development skills
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and social media platforms.
- Background in graphic design, marketing or communications a plus
Dare Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.
About DARE HUMANITY INC
PO BOX 10083, OAKLAND, CA 94610, US
To advocate for an enhanced life for women, children and families who live in underserved communities.
Dare Humanity, Inc. inspires people from all over the world to be the best version of themselves.
We are a 501(c)(3) startup nonprofit organization founded in 2015. Our mission is rooted in our desire to be of service to others and planted in communities across the globe. Our work is just beginning! We invite you to partner with our organization and be part of our journey.
For underserved communities worldwide to achieve and sustain wellness, self-sufficiency, and entrepreneurship.
We partner with communities in rural Haiti to be a part of their development through community based projects while providing resources and we sponsor youth through our Young Dreams Sponsorship Program.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 11, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Professional Development
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Must be at least 21
- 2-7 hours/week