Game Design Instructor
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Game Designer with a passion for working with teens and young children. The selected volunteer will facilitate virtual classes teaching youth the components of video game design, the key structures of a video game and the stages of the design and development process.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of students once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Teach students the fundamentals of concept development, core mechanics, storytelling and gameplay design.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of game mechanics, game art and animation,game programming and industry-standard game development tools.
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase performance in December 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Prior experience in Game Design or Development
- Prior teaching experience working with teens and young children is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A degree or certification in Game Design is a plus but not required
- Must be 18+ years old
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 8, 2021
- Animation Software
- Software Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours
- Must be available 5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) between the hours of 2pm and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment