Lyrical Writing Instructor
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Lyrical Writing instructor with a passion for working with teens and young children. The selected volunteers will facilitate virtual classes teaching how to strengthen their writing skills, express themselves through their work and utilize different writing techniques to tell great stories.
- Conduct virtual classes for a group of students once or twice per week
- Must draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week and materials needed to perform projects.
- Teach students the fundamentals of fiction, poetry writing, novel structure, grammar and storytelling.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of poetry structure, storytelling, literary elements and techniques.
- Prepare students for a virtual showcase performance in December 2021.
- Complete weekly session notes following each class
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child’s progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications as needed.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Prior experience in Lyrical Writing
- Prior teaching experience working with teens and young children is preferred
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- A degree or certification in Creative Writing is a plus but not required
- Must be 18+ years old
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International
3640 White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10469, US
I'RAISE mission is to raise, empower, and inspire minority youth to experience success and progress in all areas of their lives and to become successful leaders through raising and increasing self-esteem and self-worth.
- Mental Health Programs- Child & Youth Psychotherapy, Group Counseling, Art Therapy, Play Therapy
- Education Programs -College Impact Program, Genesis Tutoring Program
- After School Programs- Sports & Arts Afterschool (Basketball, football, dance, music, fine arts, chess, cheerleading),
- Community Performing Arts Program - Dance and Theater
- Mentoring - One-on-one or Group Mentoring
- Youth Self Care- Cosmetology program
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 8, 2021
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 4-6 hours
- Must be available 5 hours per week (Monday - Friday) between the hours of 2pm and 6pm EST. Minimum 3 month commitment