One Africa One Nation Market - Logistics Assistant Needed!
ORGANIZATION: One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
Please visit the new page to apply.
Position Title: OAON Markets Logistics Coordinator
Summary of Qualifications: Under the supervision of the Uhuru OAON Markets Coordinator works to coordinate all logistics for the markets, before, during and after each market
- Planning the logistics for each market ahead of time
- Securing all equipment and supplies needed for the markets. Keep everything labeled, clean and dry
- Using the pack and load sheet to pack all equipment and supplies for each market before the load into the truck the night before the markets
- Renting the van/truck needed to transport everything to the market. Pickup and drive the vehicle or assign it to someone
- Leading the load onto the truck the night before the market
- Leading set-up and breakdown on the days of the markets
- Coordinating clean-up of the venue during the day and after the market closes
- Taking all equipment and supplies back to the storage and make sure it’s placed properly
- Arranging the trash pickup with the City and the port-o-potty service. Makes sure someone meets the port-o-potty delivery the day before the market to ensure they are placed correctly
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to follow instructions and prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail
- Skill in driving a 12’ box truck
- Ability to shop and secure supplies
- Works collaboratively, team player
- Possess a current driver’s license; access to large personal vehicle a plus
Physical Requirements: include but are not limited to lifting of up to 50 lbs.
About One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
832 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
The African People's Education & Defense Fund (APEDF) develops and institutionalizes programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development faced by African people.
The One Africa! One Nation Uhuru Flea Market (OAON Market) is an economic development institution of the APEDF. The OAON Market is a seasonal community market designed to support Black business both new and established, build a base of shoppers and supporters and build genuine economic develop opportunities where few opportunities are available. . During our April-October season we also have 2 large community events, Uhuru Health Festival and Uhuru Book Fair, both which organize the community around disparities in Health , Education and Economic Development.
APEDF is a black community-led non-profit that addresses the needs and interests of African people. African communities in the U.S. experience the highest rates of poverty, homelessness, unemployment and curable diseases. The African community faces the shortest life expectancy, attends under-resourced schools and lives in substandard housing.
Multiple locations Philadelphia, PA 19102
January 23, 2023
- Bus/Van Driving
- Transportation Management
- Inventory Management
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours weekly