14 people are interested
Great with people? N2U Assistant Volunteer Coordinator wants you!
ORGANIZATION: One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Summary of Qualifications: Work under the supervision of the Outreach Chair and Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteer Coordinator Assistant is responsible for interacting with groups and individuals in the community that aligns with the APEDF work. Recruit individuals and groups into committee work and meetings.
- Develop an action plan to recruit volunteers through the use of social media, events, other methods of outreach.
- Assess volunteer skill set, experience and talent based on background and recommend to the steering committee an area of work for the volunteer.
- Ensure that all volunteers and sign-ups are entered/submitted into the database within 48 hours and contacted through phone calls, texts or emails within 4 days of meeting them. Invite them to meetings and to participate in the work. Provide consistent documented reports to the steering committee.
- Promote APEDF's Mission and programs and it's reputation as "the baddest non-profit on the planet".
- Coordinate bringing people to the meetings by making sure the HTMLs go out; coordinating outreach calls and organizing phone banking and doing calls; coordinating and increasing the list of outreach calls. Collaborate with social media coordinator to make sure the social media happens for the community meetings. Coordinate mass texting to active list. Collaborate with community outreach to ensure meetings flyers are distributed.
Knowledge, skills and other Characteristics:
- Ability to win organizational support and promote the programs of APEDF.
- Personable and people - oriented
- Works collaboratively, team player.
- Self-motivated and has the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Detail oriented. Able to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
- Basic computer and internet research proficiency or willingness to learn including managing simple Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and Google Docs
- Ability to follow-up per POA (Plan of Action) timeline.
About One Africa! One Nation! Uhuru Flea Market
832 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130, US
The African People's Education & Defense Fund (APEDF) develops and institutionalizes programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community, and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare, and economic development faced by African people.
The One Africa! One Nation Uhuru Flea Market (OAON Market) is an economic development institution of the APEDF. The OAON Market is a seasonal community market designed to support Black business both new and established, build a base of shoppers and supporters and build genuine economic develop opportunities where few opportunities are available. . During our April-October season we also have 2 large community events, Uhuru Health Festival and Uhuru Book Fair, both which organize the community around disparities in Health , Education and Economic Development.
APEDF is a black community-led non-profit that addresses the needs and interests of African people. African communities in the U.S. experience the highest rates of poverty, homelessness, unemployment and curable diseases. The African community faces the shortest life expectancy, attends under-resourced schools and lives in substandard housing.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 23, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours weekly