4 people are interested
Mask Distribution Volunteer
4 people are interested
Mask Station Volunteers staff the mask station at the entry to the visitor center and hand out masks to visitors who enter the building without one. Federal regulations require all persons entering the buildings to wear a face mask. The program is new and has been helping to reduce the number of visitors who are removing their masks during their visit to the Gateway Arch.
Roles & Responsibilies:
Volunteers offer masks to visitors who don't have them when they enter and explain that masks are required to be worn at all times while in the building regardless of vaccination status (except while actively eating or drinking).
As representatives of The National Park Service and Gateway Arch Park Foundation, volunteers must adhere to the policies, procedures, and code of conduct as outlined in the volunteer handbook provided prior to or during training.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, friendliness, and a positive attitude
- Respect for confidentiality of the Gateway Arch National Park’s volunteers, partners, members, and donors
- Willingness to take initiative, and voice ideas
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to forty (40) pounds
Duration of volunteer term is suggested 3-6 months (maybe extended if needed). Days and times for volunteer shifts will be decided between the volunteer and supervisor.
Gateway Arch National Park is located at 11 N. 4 th Street, St. Louis, MO 63102. Parking for volunteers is at the Kiener West garage at 604 Pine St.
Training and Supervision:
- Volunteers must attend orientation onsite or virtually. Orientation is approximately 1 hour long and held on the second Tuesday of each month at 6 pm
- Training will be conducted by volunteer supervisors or seasoned volunteers on the first day of each volunteer’s shift and will vary depending on the position, supervisor, and personal learning styles.
- Contribute to a national monument, The Gateway Arch National Park!
- Annual general membership to Gateway Arch Park Foundation (40+ hours)
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Free parking if needed during volunteer hours
If you are interested in this position and feel it is a good fit, please contact the Volunteer Manager at email@example.com or (314) 881-3537 to schedule an interview.
Thank you for wanting to be a part of our team. We could not serve the community of St. Louis without you!
About Gateway Arch National Park
Gateway Arch National Park (GANP) is a part of the National Park Service with a mission to preserve unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Gateway Arch reflects St. Louis' role in the Westward Expansion of the United States during the nineteenth century. The park is a memorial to Thomas Jefferson's role in opening the West, to the pioneers who helped shape its history, and to Dred Scott who sued for his freedom in the Old Courthouse. For more information, visit www.nps.gov/jeff.
About Gateway Arch Park Foundation
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, it’s grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions are a vital, active, and welcoming, well-supported resource to the community and nation for generations to come. The Foundation is part of an alliance that helps meet this mission, which includes the National Park Service, Bi-State Development, Great Rivers Greenway, Jefferson National Parks Association, and the City of St. Louis. For more information, visit www.ArchPark.org .
About GATEWAY ARCH PARK FOUNDATION
1 S MEMORIAL DR STE 700, SAINT LOUIS, MO 63102, US
The Gateway Arch Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to ensure that the Gateway Arch, its grounds, neighboring public space, and attractions will be a vital, welcoming, and well-supported resource for the community and nation for generations to come.
Founded in 2009 to support and coordinate a project to connect, invigorate and expand the Arch grounds, the Foundation is a conservancy that collaborates with partners to operate and maintain the improvements made through the CityArchRiver project.
11 North 4th StreetSt. Louis, MO 63102
October 7, 2021
- Background Check