5 people are interested
Calling all Artists and Creative Makers
ORGANIZATION: Winter Growth
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
We are an Adult Day Care and Assisted Living Center looking for someone to assist our seniors with an art group. The timeframe would be once or twice a week on any one of the following days;
Monday, Wednesday or Thursday from 11:00 am -12:30 pm for an hour art program with a 15 minute setup and 15 minute clean up included. You do not have to be a professional just someone who can help our seniors express their artistic side with some of the projects listed below, however you can come up with your own projects except for pottery.
Thank you for your interest!
Things that the Art group has done in the past:
- 3-D paper crafting for cards, posters, door art
- Layered shape-punched card stock paper mosaics with 3D effect
- Paper crafted holiday décor using large cut outs (apples, pumpkins, pine trees)
- Water color resist with candle wax (using the candle like a crayon) to make impressionistic landscapes.
- Sketching in the garden
- Using preformed purchased paper masks, glue and acrylic paint to create masked ball masks
- Water color resist using glue (hot glue prepped and dried before) to do water resist canvases
- Water color with salt to create unusual effects in the impressionistic canvas
- Acrylic color resist using masking tape to make geometric designs on canvas
- Decoupage dollar store frames for gifts
- Decoupage and acrylic paint used to create small wooden décor bowls
- 10:45 AM to 12:30 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Winter Growth
5460 Ruth Keeton Way, Columbia, MD 21044, US
Winter Growth's mission is to provide services for health impaired older adults which makes it possible for them to remain in the community, maintain the highest individual health status and functioning level and enjoy a sense of dignity and self worth.
Winter Growth, Inc. is a nonprofit dedicated to providing community-based services that support seniors and disabled adults in achieving their highest potential for independence, dignity, and life satisfaction. Through its adult medical daycare and assisted living programs, Winter Growth enhances the lives of seniors by offering activities that are stimulating and engaging and providing outstanding and compassionate care.
5460 Ruth Keeton WayColumbia, MD 21044
November 15, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hours.
- Fully vaccinated and required to wear a face mask at all times in the building.