1 person is interested
Help Pasco Pets! Be a Vet Assistant!
1 person is interested
***PCAS DOES NOT OFFER COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS***
Do you enjoy helping people? Are you a fan of animals? Come join our Vaccine Clinic Team!
We are a municipal shelter that offers low cost vaccines, microchipping and a variety of test options to our citizens twice a week for their owned pets. This clinic is run through appointments only and is a great option for pet owners who need a rabies vaccine or FIV testing, etc.
The Vet Assistant Volunteer is responsible for assisting with running applicable tests, draw up vaccines, prep microchips, etc. to ensure our Vet team runs as efficiently as possible during the clinic. A few things we're looking for in an ideal Vet Assistant Volunteer:
- Available to volunteer during our shot clinics which run Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 8am-12:30pm
- Comfortable around medical instruments such as syringes, microchips, bloodwork panels
- Knowledge or ability in learning Vet terminology, medical services & treatments
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and tasks
08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Shifts are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8am-12:30pm
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Pasco County Animal Services
19640 Dogpatch Lane, Land O' Lakes, FL 34638, US
Our mission is to ensure the health and safety of the people and pets in our community by encouraging responsible pet ownership through education, legislation and by providing incentives to sterilize pets.
Our goal is to save 90% of the adoptable animals that come into the shelter. We strive to create community outreach and partnerships to educate Pasco County residents on responsible pet ownership. Our volunteers are an integral part of creating a loving and supportive environment for all shelter pets while they wait to find their forever homes.
19640 Dogpatch LaneLand O' Lakes, FL 34638
October 7, 2021
- First Aid / CPR
- Animal Care / Handling
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 shift a week, up to two shifts a week are available. We do our shot clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8a-12p.
- Must be willing to complete animal handling & sharps training provided at the shelter by the Vet team.