Communications and Marketing Role
Communications and Marketing role spec: We have an essential communication and marketing strategy, know our target audiences and have some basic messaging as well as an established corporate identity. However, we lack a well organised and a practical communications and marketing person who can plan, implement and copywrite.
Main purposes of job
- To support the communications team to deliver various content across multiple platforms.
- To complete administrative tasks to allow further development of core communications activities.
- To implement changes to communications delivery in support of our overarching comms plan
- To support the delivery of our communication strategy by scheduling posts and helping to plan content.
- To prepare statistics of social media updates monthly for Trustee and senior management meetings.
- To support the development of graphics which can be shared on social media to support social media campaigns.
- Regular content scheduled across multiple platforms, increasing social media following and interaction.
- Continue to develop a core library of graphics for use across varying platforms.
- Quality planning for occasions/events which can be used as social media opportunities, EG - Halloween, Christmas, etc.
- Ideally some familiarity with Trello, Mailchimp and Hootsuite, as well as our key social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Confident using Canva and be able to adhere to our identity guidelines when creating graphics.
- Copy will generally be provided but an ability to write copy
- "Can Do" attitude; self-starter; previous social media communications experience; understanding of different media (particularly social), ability to work in teams.
The role is flexible and may be altered to suit both the needs of the organisation and the skills of the candidate. On the job training and an induction will be provided, with continual guidance from a dedicated member of the trustee board. You will have the opportunity to measure your progress through regular check-ins with both your supervisor and mentor. Currently, this opportunity is remote/home based.
Applications should consist of a CV and a one-page covering letter explaining why you would like to volunteer with Mast Cell Action, which aspects of our work particularly appeal to you, and what you would bring to the role. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom/Teams video conferencing on a rolling basis, so apply as early as you can.
All applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, parental status.
This is an unpaid role but any expenses related to charity work will be paid.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mast Cell Action
6 Willes Terrace, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, cv31 1dl, GB
Our vision is to ensure that everybody suffering from MCAS in the UK receives adequate support, can expect knowledgeable diagnosis & care, and can look to a future in which the disease is actively researched, better understood and more effectively treated. In sum we aim to improve the lives of MCAS sufferers by giving them a voice, recruiting and supporting doctors & researchers, and lobbying policy-makers.
We are a rare diseases charity established at the end of 2015 to respond to Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS). MCAS is a crippling, unpredictable and frightening condition affecting the immune system. Sufferers from MCAS have "wrongly programmed" immune systems that react to a wide range of triggers including food, drink, stress, temperature and many others. The effects range from unpleasant allergic reactions, through to an overall debilitation resulting in people being unable to leave their houses. It was first recognised internationally in 1990, with a set of diagnostic criteria agreed in 2011, but is little known or understood in the UK, where incidence seems to be increasing. Here patients can wait 3-5 years for a diagnosis, often receive very little knowledge or help from within the medical establishment and can find themselves in a frightening limbo. (More on the disease can be found on our website: www.mastcellaction.org or on Facebook
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 27, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Apprx 5 hours per week
- UK Applications only