Georgia Region Duty Officer/Dispatcher - Truelten County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Georgia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Georgia Region Duty officer acts as a dispatcher for our Disaster Action Team (DAT) responses.
The American Red Cross brings light to one of the darkest times that any family will endure. Disaster Action Teams (DAT) provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing. We are looking for compassionate individuals that want to help families that are affected by disasters of all sizes, from home fires to hurricanes
- May determine if Red Cross action is required; may decide if Red Cross will respond via our Disaster Action Team.
- Uses event triggers such as size, scope, and type of the event to direct the DAT response.
- Works with on-scene DAT leadership to support the response and provide technical guidance.
- Supports and trains new Duty Officers.
- Dispatch DAT members and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources are made available.
- Activate Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, and Disaster Spiritual Care, Public Affairs when requested.
- Documents incoming disaster notifications and creates & verifies events in RC Respond (database).
- May be required to monitor activity across multiple DAT responses.
- Notify Chapter and Regional staff of significant events, and contribute to an Initial Incident Report, when appropriate.
- Attends regularly scheduled team meetings as required by Chapter/Region.
- All volunteers and employees will follow current Red Cross COVID-19 protocols.
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Soperton, GA 30457
October 5, 2022
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Shifts are six hours in length (on call) and we require at least one shift per month (more would be better).
- Required: Demonstrated leadership and communication skills Demonstrated commitment to mission of the American Red Cross Ability to remotely monitor and track details of DAT responses Ability to prioritize multiple tasks