WE NEED YOU !! International Humanitarian Law (IHL) IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW !!
IHL is an educational program to teach the rules of war. Watch this VIDEO to learn more. Through a hands-on approach, using group activities, class discussion and compelling multimedia, this course prepares participants to recognize key concepts in international humanitarian law, including: Even War has Rules, Born on the Battlefield, & Humanity in War.
Position: Present to organizations that work with international populations, community-based refugee/migrant groups, cultural centers, colleges, internal Red cross staff, etc.- virtual and in-person class setting.
- Collaborate in outreach efforts and scheduling of presentations.
- track & report attendance and responses by attendees within the IHL reporting system.
- serve as a IHL subject matter expert.
Time Commitment: Estimated 10 hours per month. Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends. Due to the training requirements, we seek volunteers able to spend at least 1 year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.
- Progress through 3 phases of training. 7-9 total training hours.
- Each phase provides a teach-back opportunity for mentor feedback and teaching courses to the public before advancing to the next level of instruction.
- complete training within first 3 months of volunteering.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross - San Bernardino County Chapter
10600 N Trademark, Suite 406, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. People like you, serving as Blood Services Ambassadors helping to improve a blood donor's experience or serving as a Blood Driver, transporting lifesaving blood and blood product make a difference every day. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
10600 Trademark Pkwy N Ste. 406Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
September 21, 2021
- General Education
- Adult Education
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Estimated 10 hours per month. Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends. Due to the training requirements, we seek volunteers able to spend at least 1 year with us.