1 person is interested
Educational Therapist (for ADHD Students)
1 person is interested
**Candidate may be located in any US state - this is a remote position**
To apply, there are 3 STEPS: email resume, complete an application at BGCMe.org/jobs AND call (732) 707-7336 for immediate consideration. Direct link to application: https://forms.gle/9AQLpbJkBUSsuHbz6
BGCM is seeking a virtual Educational Therapist to support Special Education middle school students with an IEP, on a 1 on 1 basis. Students have ADHD (no behavior issues, focus only). The tutor will be responsible for providing virtual assistance to help students improve academic, organizational, and time-management skills. Therapists will also assist with coping mechanisms to help manage ADHD at home and at school, as well as study skills and strategies.
This opportunity is directly addressing the impacts of COVID-19 that students are experiencing by receiving inadequate support from teachers during learning.
Previous experience working with SPECIAL EDUCATION students PREFERRED, specifically dealing with ADHD (no behavior issues, focus issues only)
Candidates without prior work experience may also be considered.
- Enrolled in Special Education bachelor's or master's degree program or bachelors/masters degree obtained (Required)
- Familiarize oneself with student's IEP and special education evaluations, then assist students with:
- Conquering impulsivity
- Improving memory and becoming present-minded
- Getting and staying organized
- Learning to prioritize
- Communicating effectively
- Managing time
- Managing stress
- Managing ADHD symptoms
- Increasing productivity
- Identifying their SUPER POWER in knowing how their brain works
- Provide tips and strategies to student's families that will improve student's individual growth
- Other duties as assigned
- Dates: Fall to Winter and/or Winter to Spring
- Schedule: Flexible (based on student and tutor's availability)
- Subjects Covered: ELA, Reading Comprehension, Writing, Organization
About BGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
129 N County Line Road #235, Jackson, NJ 08527, US
To nurture young people and families by reinforcing Christian principles that emphasize that they have been emphatically chosen by God to do magnificent things; provide services, programs, and activities that build positive self-worth and foster respect, integrity, and stewardship; offer youth from Maine to North Carolina, an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
BGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! Located in the heart of Jackson, NJ, we specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities, while promoting integrity and stewardship, and offering, to youth in our surrounding states from Maine to North Carolina, an innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Flexible (based on candidate's and student's schedule); possibly 2-6 hours per week
- Must have experience (or extensive knowledge of ADHD), patience and FULL UNDERSTANDING of students' with ADHD focus issues (no behavioral issues)